The Hopper is now live! My name is Sarah Zimmerman and I am taking AP United States Government with Mr. Gwaltney at the Online School for Girls. I am a junior in high school with an interest in politics. I follow political news and I interned for a campaign this past summer, and I'm thinking about pursuing a career in politics.
This blog is about what's going on in American politics today and how it relates to the study of American history. Some of the issues that arose in the drafting of the Constitution, for instance, are the same issues arising today. These include health care, gun control, capital punishment, and of course states rights. What I'm going to do is tweet about what's happening in political news and then write more in-depth posts weekly. You can look me up on Diigo, follow me on Twitter @szimmerman94, or email me at szimmerman94@gmail.com. I'm looking forward to learning more about politics each week, and I hope you guys are excited too!
Fantastic opening post Sarah! I look forward to the in-depth sharing you will do on your blog this Spring.
ReplyDeleteNice job integrating the Twitter widget, by the way! ;)
Best,
MJG